Monday, September 14, 2009

The Philharmonic

Bruce and I always get season tickets to the classical series performed by the Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra. I love where we sit. Not only is it great for hearing and viewing what's happening on stage, but every now and then a composer will end up sitting in the seat next to me. That happened Saturday. The man who wrote the first piece, Fucocoso(Fiery), sat right next to me. Mr. Plog said he has three children, lives in Germany and writes when he can. He tries to write every day. Some days are more productive than other days. He plays the trumpet and knows Tim Zifer, the principle trumpet player in our orchestra. I wonder what it's like listening with an audience to something you wrote yourself? He said he felt the orchestra played his piece well.

No comments:

Post a Comment