Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Engelbrecht's Music Festival in Evansville, Indiana

  There was a music festival at this orchard last weekend.  Engelbrecht's had eight different bands play on stage in this gorgeous country setting with apple trees all around.  I got out of my car to take a picture of their sign. I braved walking down into a ditch and then up on a bank.  Not a bad picture I thought. On top of that, I was very proud of myself for daring to walk in a ditch--there might be a snake ya know. When I was finished with my picture taking, I hopped back in the car and began driving down the long country road toward the festival.  The late afternoon sun was in my eyes, but I appreciated the temperature and was thinking about how lucky they were (and the Fall Festival people) to have it so nice. My mind did an about face as I suddenly began to feel something squirming in my pants!  I couldn't believe it!!!!  Whatever it was, was over an inch long and on my upper thigh.  I kept driving toward the full parking area--people all around.  I wanted to jump out of the car, scream, and take off my pants. But no.  I remained civilized.  The mystery creature squirmed and squirmed as I drove through the bumpy field in the direction the parking attendant told me to go. These were my tight pants.  Probably a good thing or it could have been scampering all over the place.  I hate to even think about it.  Anyway, I parked  got out of the car and did a little dance. I think the grasshopper that shook out was stunned because he just sat on my shoe for a while.  I know we were both relieved "the situation" was over.

Once at the festival, I enjoyed watching people and listening to the music. There was a wine and beer garden, a place for people who wanted to camp; round, white tables and chairs set near the band area with autumn centerpieces on each one.  People from the Rivertown Butchershop were there with a big grill cooking yummy things to eat.  One of the local bands that came later was called The Pits.  I asked to take their picture because they were with some fans that wore t-shirts that spelled their name.  It was tough getting them in the right order--for a while they spelled spit. 

I guess they plan on hosting this festival every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment