Saturday, February 18, 2006

"Nothing but Trouble" review




Nothing But Trouble (1991)

Directed by Dan Aykroyd
Writing credits Peter Aykroyd Dan Aykroyd

Chevy Chase .... Chris Thorne
Dan Aykroyd .... Judge Alvin 'J.P' Valkenheiser & Bobo
John Candy .... Dennis & Eldona
Demi Moore .... Diane Lightson

"Nothing but Trouble" holds a special place on my all-time, worst movies ever list of shame. It's easily one of the top 10 worst movies. But it also holds the distinction of being one of the very few movies I've ever walked out on. Yes. It is with great shame that I must confess that I saw this garbage in the movie theater. When I saw Demi Moore being held captive by two disgusting blobs, I knew I had hit the nadir. One blob screamed, "I want...another bowl of cereal!" I wanted to leave with my stomach intact. I bolted for the exits. My family was with me and had to leave too since I had the car keys. I have no idea how this movie ends and I want to keep it that way. Stick this movie in a time capsule and never dig it up. Better yet, burn the negatives to keep some poor, cold family warm. Do something useful with this junk because to watch this movie is to hate this movie. The fact that so many talented comedians were in this flotsam makes it sting even harder. I don't know how this train wreck could be allowed to happen. I just know that no human being should have to sit through it.

SCORE: LANDFILL

No comments:

Post a Comment