Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

"Burp" Excuse me. I may be a glutton, but at least I'm a polite glutton. I say things like "excuse me" and "Would you please pass the mound of potatoes in that huge heavy bowl while I grab the gravy by my plate?" and "thank you for the pie." Then, I'm always politely quiet during the meal because my mouth is full. Miss Manners that's me.

It is Thanksgiving Day. I feel heavier.I am heavier. Pondering the new layer of flab I recently discovered on my body, I realize it exists not only because of the Thanksgiving meal I gorged myself on,but because I had the flu on Halloween. Yeah, it was a nasty case of stomach flu. Usually people lose weight, right? And I probably would have too if I hadn't turned out my light. If I hadn't ignored the Trick or Treaters that came to the door. Instead the Trick or Treaters were turned away and I ended up with with about ten bags of miniature chocolate candy bars and M & M's. So, naturally I ate them. "Burp" Excuse me.

No comments:

Post a Comment