Saturday, May 27, 2006

"Lust for Frankenstein" review


Lust for Frankenstein (1998)

Directed by Jesus Franco
Writing credits Kevin Collins Jesus Franco

Michelle Bauer.... Goddess - The Creature
Lina Romay.... Moira Frankenstein
AnalĂ­a Ivars.... Abigail
Amber Newman.... Stripper

I rented "Lust for Frankenstein" because I saw that Michelle Bauer was in it. I'm not the biggest Jess Franco fan in the world but I figured Bauer could save the day as she usually does. I also saw that Lina Romay was going to play the mad scientist. Romay and Franco doing a movie together usually means that sex and sleaze are not far behind. So it was with high hopes that I rented this flick.

It takes a brave man to film Lina Romay having sex these days. It takes an even braver man to watch it. Romay gets the hots for Bauer and they go at it. I felt really dirty and confused watching this scene. Part of me was loving it, (the Bauer side), and part of me was baffled, (Romay…Why?). Some older women still have their looks and watching them get down and dirty can be a huge turn-on. Watching Lina Romay, with her double-wide hips and crew cut, smother Michelle Bauer was not what good times are made of. Bauer still has the body but Romay needs to step aside. She had a good run at being a sex star but it's time to stop.

As for the rest of the movie, Franco was up to his usual incoherent ways. Romay gets naked with some other people and Bauer gets jealous. It's all jumbled nonsense with a good helping of nudity. Even if you're a Bauer fan, this one will really test you. You'd be better off letting this one go.

SCORE: 1 out of 4 Bauer Monsters

No comments:

Post a Comment